Spirituality relates to everyone because you are spirit first and body second. The level of spiritual maturity differs from person to person depending on how much practice has been given to this spiritual attainment. Just like math, science, or sports without practice, you will not achieve a higher level.
Spiritual growth is the method of inner awakening and becoming conscious our inner being. It involves the increase of the consciousness beyond the common existence. It means going beyond the mind and the ego and realizing who you are. When the mind is designed to accommodate both the analytical and the Spiritual, most people tend to focus on one but not the other.
Importance of Spiritual Growth
Spiritual growth is important for everyone. It is the source for a better and more peaceful life for everyone, a life free of stress, fear, and anxiety. It helps us learn not to let concerns influence our inner being and state of mind. We manifest patience and detachment, and we develop inner potential and strength, all of which are very beneficial and necessary tools.
Spiritual growth is not a means for emerging from responsibilities, behaving strangely and becoming an impractical person. It is a method of improving and becoming a stronger, happier and more responsible person.
Basic tips for Spiritual Growth
- Read religious, spiritual and uplifting books. Study about what you read, and think about how you can use the information in your daily life.
- Do meditation for at least 15 minutes every day. If you do not know how to meditate, it is easy to find books, websites or teachers who can guide for meditation.
- Practice keeping your mind quiet through concentration exercises and meditation.
- Look often into you and your mind, and try to find out what is it that makes you feel conscious and alive.
- Always think positive. Be in control of what enters your mind. Open the door for the positive and close it for the negative.
Spiritual growth is the birthright of everyone. It is the key to a life of happiness and peace of mind, and the manifesting the enormous power of the inner spirit.