Our health has a lot to do with how we behave, how we make a decision, how we manage our stress level and many more.
Lifelong we run behind money, happiness, relationships, and work to obtain things which we think will make us happy and wealthy.
However, our health (mental, physical and spiritual) is the actual wealth which many of us tend to ignore while running behind financial wealth.
In this article, we have listed down ten things you can do to improve your health and well-being.
- Be thankful for what you have. Spend time alone in silence. Meditate. Practising daily meditation help to ease anxiety, depression and improves your mental as well as physical health. Express gratitude for what you have.
- Write down your thoughts. Keep a journal to pen down your thoughts. This helps you to clear thoughts from your mind and help you relax.
- Eat healthy food. Avoid junk of instant food as much as possible. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet. Drink pure / boiled water. Drink 2 to 3 litres of water daily. It has numerous benefits.
- Connect with nature. Go outdoor, visit places which gives you nature’s touch. Go hiking or visit a silent or less crowded beach to relax your body and mind.
- Move your body daily. This is the single most important thing you should do to improve your mental and physical well-being. Start with small steps. Take stairs, walk for good 20-30 minutes every day. And you are good to go.
- Start your day early. Go to bed early and wake up early in the morning without an alarm. Start your day with positive thoughts in your mind. Avoid using mobile phones or watching movies while sleeping or early in the morning.
- Live in the moment. Stop worrying about the future and regretting the past. Feel your breathing. This will help you to bring yourself back to the present.
- Read something which gives you a perspective. Make books your best friends.
- be around people who give you positive vibes. Spend time with people who are important to you.
- Turn off distractions. Or keep them at a minimum level. Avoid negative self-talk.