You are likely to know that by letting go your anger and difficult emotions you can save yourself from pain. How do you let go of resentment when someone hurts you badly? And a majority of the time you keep on thinking about how you were hurt?
Letting go our difficult emotions is an abstract concept. It is not a one-time thing. You have to practice it effectively. Shri Radhe Maa has devoted more than a decade to study the art of letting the difficult emotions go. She has learned a few things to address some of the most difficult emotions to release from our mind and experience bliss.
There are basically five difficult emotions which are difficult to let go of. Those are,
Each emotion is linked with the one factor – negative self-talk.
Removal of negative self-talk is the very first step of letting go of painful emotions which we have mentioned above.
We are listing down specific efforts you can make to address the feeling of anger and other difficult emotions.
- Identify and allow yourself to feel the underlying emotions which can replace anger.
- Find out how you may have contributed to the situation for which you are angry about.
- Find out positive things about yourself. Recollect how good you have to people around.
- Practice relaxation techniques. Practice meditation. Learn the power of regular meditation.
- Don’t hold grudges. Practice forgiveness.
- Express your feelings in a journal. Let go of your thoughts by jotting them down.
- Become more self-aware. Develop skills to pay attention.
It is pretty much clear that holding difficult emotions will affect you both physically and mentally. The points listed above are a great start to letting the negative feelings go away from your mind. Free yourself from the pain. You can start reversing your negative emotions by taking these small steps each day.